Hello, this is Bitek Technology, the digital label printer manufacturer in Korea.
Nowadays, many chemical companies have misrepresented the content on MSDS/GHS labels, causing problems with the release of the product. This problem affects not only the staff in charge, but also the company at large.
Here is a comparison of MSDS/GHS-related penalty regulations.
|Republic of Korea||l MSDS preparation and non-execution: fine of 5 million won or less
l MSDS Submission and content change not implemented: fine of 10 million won or less
l (M)SDS for failure to attach warning signs, failure to provide training for workers, and sale of chemical materials: fine of 3 million won or less
|China||l Penalty to part 11.12.1
l A maximum fine of 50,000 yuan or a ban on manufacturing/importing when a company does not categorize or label a hazardous fire under the Hazardous Fire Extract Safety Management Ordinance.
l A maximum fine of 100,000 yuan or suspension of business and/or production for the same violation
l Relevant clauses
– Chapter 2, Article 15: An enterprise that produces hazardous chemicals should provide SDS of the material and attach a warning sign when packaging hazardous chemicals.
– Chapter 4, Article 37: Unable to sell hazardous materials without SDS and chemical safety signs
|USA||l Differential management according to minor violation
– Imposing $5,000 to $70,000 on each of these violations if the information was not intentionally delivered
– Six months in prison or $250,000 ($500,000 for corporate owner) for worker deaths
– Penalties of $70,000 for each violation of regulations, rules, notices, and other similar regulations or imprisonment of up to three years.
– OSHA may apply additional punishment of 2,5,10 times depending on the size of the project for initial violations
– Penalties for $10,000 or six months in prison or both for an error in records, violation of non-application, etc.
l Penalties can be imposed as well as fines
|Japan||l Article 24 of Hwagwak Act
– Those who fail to report or falsely report information on the handling of designated chemical compaounds, etc. shall be fined 200,000 yen or less
|EU||l Finland: Information update/SDS/in case of failure to deliver information through sub-supply network
– Penalties and Fines up to 6 months
1. Inaccurate SDS, insufficient information/duty of sub-users to prepare CSR: imprisonment for up to two years and fines
2. Failure to complete SDS in Swedish: 5000 SEK, etc.
|Taiwan||More research needed|
|Singapore||l WSH (General Clause) Regulation 43(3)
– Any inaccurate, inappropriate, misleading information provider within SDS or seller who does not provide SDS may be fined up to $10,000
For your information, Any-002 manufactured by anytron can print full-color labels in real time and management of inventory can be prepared allowing solution to when contents of the labels are incorrectly printed and reducing the problem of label attachment. Compared to the existing printer delivery method and barcode printing method, Bitek’s digital label system is very economical and has excellent output quality, water resistance, and light resistance. Also, many chemical companies are currently introducing and operating Any-002.
We encourage you to prepare in advance and apply an efficient MSDS/GHS label system.